It’s often hard to stay focused, make decisions and remember important information. Amongst day-to-day stresses, whether it’s a presentation at work or exam time revision, your brain can sometimes need a bit of help to stay focused. Here are a few of the tips we’ve found most helpful.
If concentrating isn’t coming naturally, you can train your brain one step at a time. Start by eliminating distractions and focus on a single task for 30 minutes, then build up your ‘focus stamina’ over time. Regular meditation and reading can also help, so dig out that novel you’ve always wanted to read.
A herbal focus
Aromatherapy is a great way to get your brain in gear – try a few drops of our Focus Aromatherapy Blend, with spearmint and rosemary, in an aromatherapy diffuser. Siberian ginseng and ginkgo also help renew vigour, or try our Organic Refreshing Tea to boost flagging energy levels.
Top tips for boosting concentration
- Make a plan – be clear about what your task is, and what ‘finished’ looks like
- Prioritise – if you have lots of tasks, decide the order you’re going to tackle them in
- One thing at a time – start with short periods of intense focus and build up your stamina over time
- Get enough sleep – it’s the best way to maintain focus and energy
- Eat well – heavy carbs and overeating can make you sluggish and tired.
- Stay hydrated – drink plenty of water or herbal tea to help you stay alert and focused